Duke ACM-W Connecting at Paint Nite, November, 2013
ACM-W is the ACM committee on Women in Computing. It celebrates, informs and supports women in computing, and works with the ACM-W community of computer scientists, educators, employers and policy makers to improve working and learning environments for women.
The Duke ACM-W chapter is the official union for women majoring in computer science and computer engineering at Duke University. It was established in 2008 to celebrate women in the field of computing and to advocate and support them in their studies, research and life so that they can strive for excellence. Our vision is of a prominent presence of empowered women and minorities, which undergoes constant realization through training and development programs, and a focus on:
- a) excelling at school and future career
- b) planning and choosing diverse future career paths
- c) developing a strong network within industry and academia
- Provide vital momentum and collaborative support including inter- and intra- department events to empower women especially minority students in computing at Duke.
- Present a social platform to celebrate the success of women in computing and help young ACM-W members to visualize their own success through speaker-series and mentoring programs.
- Foster a strong network of established computing related connections within academia and industry and provide easy accessibility to ACM-W members.
- President - Xi He : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Reem Mokhtar : email@example.com
- Treasurer - Tamara Lehman : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Qiuyun Wang : email@example.com
- Faculty Advisor - Susan Rodger